Senator Patricia K. McGee Nursing Faculty Scholarship Program
This scholarhip is being offered to increase the number of educators and adjunct clinical faculty teaching nursing education in New YOrk State. Awards are made to applicants who are registered professional nurses enrolling in a master's program which will qualify them as nursing faculty or adjunct clinical faculty. Eligibility requirements are listed below:
Applicants must be:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be legal resident of New York State for at least one year.
- Be licensed registered nurse in New York State.
- Have been accepted in a master's program for nursing at an accredited nursing school in New York State. Commencing with the 2008-09 academic year, new applicants must be accepted in a master's program offering a nursing faculty preparation curriculum at an accredited nursing school.
Recipients are required to complete a service agreement in which they:
- Agree to provide at least 12 academic credit hours or its equivalent as nursing faculty or as adjunct clinical faculty providing teaching service for four years at an institution in New York State after comleting their master's degree program.
- Agree to repay the amounts disbursed plus interest if they fail to fulfill their service obligation pursuant to the terms of their service agreement.
- Agree to repay the amounts disbursed plus interest if they fail to complete their master's program within three years.
Click here for more information.