Find A PhysicianHome  |  Library  |  myDownstate  |  Newsroom  |  A-Z Guide  |  E-mail  |  Contact Us  |  Directions
curve gif

Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)

Who May Apply?

New York residents enrolled Part-time in an approved undergraduate degree program (between 3 & 11.5 credits).

Type of Assistance

Grant: The amount of the award is determined by SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University based on State allocation of funds.

How To Apply

Student must file a FAFSA, a SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University Financial Aid Application and an APTS Application found in the Financial Aid Office.

APTS provides grants of aid to help pay tuition for undergraduate students studying part-time (i.e., 3-11 credits per semester). To be considered for an award, you must:

  • be a New York State resident;
  • be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
  • not have used up TAP or other New York State aid for full-time study;
  • be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program and maintain good academic standing.

The APTS award cannot exceed the actual amount of tuition charged. The maximum award is $1,000 per semester; minimum award is $100. Students who expect to enroll part-time should contact the Office of Financial Aid for an APTS application. Submit your application to the Office, along with a copy of your NYS Income Tax Return or your parents tax returns (if you are a dependent student).