Find A PhysicianHome  |  Library  |  myDownstate  |  Newsroom  |  A-Z Guide  |  E-mail  |  Contact Us  |  Directions
curve gif

Use of Your Social Security Number

In order to apply for federal financial aid, you must report your Social Security number or aid cannot be offered. The authority for requiring you to provide this information is contained in section 483 of the Higher Education Act.